The JJMS Charter includes the following Admission Requirements in
Element 8 ,Section (D), #8 .
Preference is extended to siblings of currently enrolled students, this would be any child who has the same legal guardian or parent of a currently enrolled JJMS student.
Preference is extended to the children of JJMS staff including teachers, paraprofessionals, classified staff, administrators, and members of official councils (ELAC and SSC) and to the children of the JJMS Board of Trustees. This preference shall not exceed 10% of the total enrollment. The purpose of this preference is to maximize the availability of parents/guardians as part of the school community. Also, this preference allows parents/guardians who are often on campus to be in close proximity to their own children to allow easier execution of parental duties while minimizing the impact on school operations. For example, if a parent had to travel to another campus to pick up their student or to meet with a teacher, there would be a negative impact on the child, the parent, and the operations of JJMS.
When a person on the waiting list is offered a space at the school, they shall be notified by phone (at least 3 attempts) and shall be given 24 hours to respond from the third phone call.
- April – The school will have confirmation of all accepted students from the March 13, 2021 Lottery. If anyone declines or does not respond within the indicated time, we will call the next person on the waitlist. Anyone who applies to JJMS after March 12, 2021, 10 PM will be placed into the lottery box for the second lottery to be held on June 5th, 2021.
- June- A second lottery is held to assign waitlist order to all applications that were submitted after the first lottery that was held in March 2021.
- July - The school will call all families that have officially accepted a space for the 2021-2022 school year. If anyone who accepted admission withdraws from our list, we will call the next student on the waitlist to fill that seat.
- August – The school will call any families that did not show up to the first official school event. If anyone indicates that they no longer plan to enroll, we will call the next person on the waitlist.
- August 16, 2021 (First Day of School)- The school will contact the families of any students who do not show up, and the absent students will be contacted by phone/text/email that they are forfeiting their space at the school. The absent students will be allowed to show up on the second day of school to claim their seat. If there are any available seats after 11am on the second day of school, JJMS will contact additional students according to the order they are listed on the waitlist.